Wednesday, September 11, 2013

13 years is not enough to heal Remembering 9-11

RCJ HEDDERGood Morning

I’m not going to sugar coat this, or mix in much if any KOA 411.

Today marks the 12th year memorial of those who perished in a very chicken shit attack on NYC at 08:46 hours that day.

I remember it very fondly, I was on the phone with my nephew Tim, one of our network crew as well, on a landline my end , him on a cell. He was in one of those towers. I can remember the screams, the cries and panic over the phone I heard right before the line went dead.

Fortunately Tim lived and now resides with my cousin Robert Montgomery in South Carolina, but it was sheer bedlam there.

The firefighters, police, rescue workers, EMT’s , even toew truck operators. Of course our fellow Marines that did what they could. I noticed on my Facebook page only Marine supply houses giving honor to the day, everybody else just treating today as another day.

Whether you believe the attack was provoked by then President Bush, who I think could have launched a counter strike long before those big birds hit those towers. After all there was an Apache squadron in New Jersey, two mk82’s and many more would have lived, in an adage from a Star Trek movie by Spock, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one. Sure the people on those aircraft would have died, they did anyway, a pre-emptive strike would have changed much. But it all unfolded. For days all news networks, from CNN to MSNBC flooded our TV’s and all with the reran a million times of that same Mack ladder truck with people running and screaming in terror. Of course, we all went to war shortly after, first we took care of the jerk in Iraq, (your welcome ) and then many years later Osama. But all of that will not bring back those who lost their lives, wives, husbands and loved ones. A plane near missing the Pentagon? How can that happen? There is a basement in that building that houses more eavesdropping equipment that can hear a grasshopper crossing an Arizona desert, how can it miss some big airline sized aircraft heading for the building? Your guess is as good as mine.

To that end, we are doing a day of silence at HazzardAyre Radio, the shop of HCC, and outside of mandatory emergency calls, Dixie Toewing remains at rest, to honor this day and all that were lost.

Today, take time to think for once just how good you have it right now, the same thing could happen again.

Until tomorrow.

AYREWOLVES MEGA LOGO sign off


Quote of the Day:
You are not what you own.
--Fugazi, American rock band
Psalm 121:1-2“A song of ascents. I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
HEAVENLY TAIL  TOEW BRO CLUB LOGO 1

take time to prayUS & THEM