Friday, September 13, 2013

Stupid is as stupid does and there's a heap in Twin falls












A line from Forest Gump the movie went, Stupid is as stupid does. While I agree with that I must say, Stupid is as stupid is in Twin falls Idaho. Many say if I don't like it move, and while that is on the boards , it wont happen for at least two years. The fact that outside of summers that were spent both in Georgia as well as Alabama , I was raised up here, and I'll be damned if the place where the Knytes were founded, and this area is going in the shitter wont happen as long as I have a breath. But like years ago, which Twin Falls and the whole damn area does need to have it lily white hand held and lead to the prize, the fact is the Knytes' will have to do just that, but that's not what pissed me off. Wanted to do something as simple as find the hours of our local Smith's Food & Drug here. Need some coffee for morning. So went to their dumbass constructed web site. Everything but the damn stores hours. How can that be? Again stupid. Hell even us on our posts and all list the time we are open at the shop. Of course toewing is 24/7 , most people know that. There are a few idiotic hardly dry behind the ears people that I deal with daily, or near daily like SpeedConnect and Cable-One, that can't get it in their heads that if you work all night you need to sleep at least from 6:00AM to noon. Then if I have time do some business. That's why the shop is only open from 1:00PM to 7:00PM even then I'm scurrying all over town buying parts, even to where to find parts in most stores. Both Oriely and NAPA , as well as AutoZone needs someone who knows their inventory to go through their catalogs to show them the part or product they need. 
My question is, when and where does this stupidity end? When will America as a nation stand up and say enuff of stupid, bring on some smarts. Even if those smarts which it is a known fact only us of southern culture and background have any smarts at all, have to show these idiotic Yankees, nearly how to put on their socks, let alone do mundane tasks. I listened to the book review last night on the network and am trying to get a copy, our local Barns & Noble don't list it, from author Al Benson Junior, called Lincoln's Marxists. What from the very short preview I was able to read during the show on Amazon.com this book will open your eyes and give even Yankees a cause to go , ah oops I didn't think of that. If you get a chance ask for it. Pelican Publishing does not list it anymore and I think Ray McBerry must have done that interview awhile back, but it will give you cause to reflect. Is there an answer? Yes, and its under this banner

If anyone wants to disagree I challenge them.
Like I said stupid is as stupid does.
L8R