Saturday, May 2, 2015

Just what was on that piece of Sausage this morning?

HAG HEDDER MAXIcolonels journal

This morning as a perused over the bin containing something that looked like sausage I noticed this piece of a whit speck on one little piece. Which made me ask the obvious question of just what was that little piece of meat anyway? There are people, that think and have said so, that I gripe about Evanston, even worse than I did in Twin Falls two years ago now, when I flat departed from there. Something that I have been kicking myself in the ass for ever since. Not that Twin Falls is much better but at least Twin Falls has albeit slowly but has advanced into the 20th century , while Evanston is barely climbing out of the 19th century. So the questions I’ve been asked is why stay here? Why keep trying to fit a square peg in a round hole? The reason is , Evanston became a sort of refuge, when my spirit and emotions not too mention my heart was broken , by Janice, aka Monkee. Too many nights alone, too much of a climb to the top of a mountain, that kept looking like more of a climb, consumed what could have been a great connection. I truly, even with the hurt, still miss her. I never met anyone like her, that would have went through what she did. Moving just about every 8 months so I could find that just right place to create what had been lost in Hazzard many years prior. Sleeping in a shop, in Springville, the deep snow in Grace, the millions of female model cover girl, pin up auditions that she sat through, not being at least I thought at the time, phased hardly a bit of jealousy as she just accepted that’s what we did in the club, for our films, motion pictures, ads etc. Until that night I finally got to Montpelier, she was not there. Her stuff packed and a note that said she had taken Mike here to Evanston. So instead of doing what my brain told me, my heart moved me to here to Evanston. So in an attempt I worked my butt off to build the empire here. That was 1997. That’s when Nate and I connected. Over the years I look back and say what a dumb ass, but hey you do what you do right? I see so much potential here in Evanston, that its not funny. Sitting just out of metro Utah’s back door, if just given the right stimulus might grow faster than those marijuana plants in my neighbors apartment. I see a place where the eyes of the performing arts are ignored unless done by a select family, or the ability to grow a meca of not only industry, but of film, music, and yes other performing arts.

If my small radio/TV station can ignite a fire here I’ll be satisfied. But you have to garnish performers. Having at least one decent low cost place to eat, a chamber of commerce, that doesn’t charge $350.00 to join, and an attitude that welcomes albeit moderate growth, but welcomes growth, and agility. A internet system that meets today’s streaming up and down needs, and a newspaper that doesn’t charge $500.00 for a half assed half page. Nate said the other day at lunch, that he has yet to hear anything praising Evanston Wyoming. My response was simply isn’t that what the Knytes are here to do, is to improve this area? I don’t just bitch I intend to fix. But it’d just be nice to get some local support. Fine big companies like Pilot/Flying J does, and a few truck dealers in Utah does, let alone flying groups, and yes a big donation through sponsorships from Harley Davidson, and John Deere, but can we just get a one or two people out there local, to cough up $100.00 for a months advertising. Face it where is there and when can you find ads running for just a flat $100.00 with unlimited airings, for that month? You can’t. What you barely get from other places from the local Dodge dealer, to City Drug Store can’t be bothered is we can’t afford $100.00 , but they’ll buy ads from our broadcasting competitors for several thousand dollars a month.

As I get ready for a night of sleep, as church comes early at 09:00 for one service and 12:30 PM for my LDS Ward, I say this, my bitching is not just bitching. There’s a lot of good people here, there’s people with open minds. Sure I’m sorry some idiot ripped ya’ll a new rear end and you bought it, but KEVA is not us, and add to that we ain’t him. Going past that one simple thing my Bishop mentioned that the Ward did not know me. Well the door is open, get to know me, don’t just wrap your arms around me on Sunday in church and shun me the rest of the week. One member of our ward, as a hobby messes with HAM radio. How about him becoming a assistant engineer here for HazzardAyre. Granted no big if any pay check right now, but what is on the mere doorstep is $200k a month in station revenues if we can just get back on the air full time. The list goes on and on. Like Charlies xyl, who said we’d never have a online radio station. Guess we proved her wrong.

As I taxi in, and park this byrd, just what was on that piece of sausage this morning?

TTYLY

CLUB M,EKNYTE GRAY WYNGS


Quote of the Day:
The degree of one's emotion varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts - the less you know the hotter you get.
--Bertrand Russell
1 John 5:14-15“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
AVI CLUB LOGO

AYRETAIL